Wednesday 16 February 2011

Twenty-nineth Anniversary

My Parents, taken at my sister's wedding on 1st  March 1980*

WILLIAM HENRY HARROP
3rd February 1930 - 16 February 1982

A kind friend said to me the other day, when the subject came up:  'but time heals.'  And I said 'Bollocks!' rather more vehemently than I meant to.  And I am sorry for that.

But the truth is that time doesn't heal.  It just helps you get used to the idea.

Today I just feel rather nostalgic.  After 29 years, I suppose that's hardly surprising.  I feel annoyed that there are so many things I wanted to talk to him about and I shall never get the chance.   I wonder what he would think about life today.  The only thing I am certain of is that he would have loved Google Maps and Google Earth.  He was such an enthusiast for maps and traveling.

*Photo courtesy of Sian Wray, with grateful thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment