Saturday 8 May 2010

Lately

This week has felt so incredibly full.  I've been off to vote in the general election.  Here's the evidence to prove it!  When we were getting out of the car at thee polling station, another car arrived and out got four nuns from the convent up the road.  They joined the queue behind us.  That felt weird.  I don't know why it never occurred to me that nuns get to vote, just like everyone else.  Maybe if there were enough nuns voting, we'd get a caring government!  Not holding out too much hope for that right now - all the pundits are saying there will be a minority Tory government that will quickly collapse, and we'll be voting again in October!

In other news, as you can see from the above, the wildlife problems go on. The peacock assault course is now up and running.  The sticks inserted into the lawn are intended to stop the peacock having enough space to deploy his tail and display, so he'll have to go somewhere else to do it.   Yesterday at 6am, I caught him sitting on the fence, casting an eye over the ramparts, and chased him off.  I don't think he's been back since.  It's certainly been a lot quieter.  Only trouble is, I'm not sure how I'm going to mow the lawn now.

Unfortunately, having got rid of the peacocks and the moles, we now have rabbits.  What a mess!  I planted seeds in this bed, but they won't be coming up now!

So after all this, I am now lying in bed, nursing stomach cramps (v. painful) and soaking up some positivity from my favourite blogs.  I'm planning an art day today.  I have to finish the next load of cartoons for Amy's blog, and I am really enjoying my new copy of Diana Trout's 'Journal Spilling', so I'm going to be doing some exercises from that.  And maybe getting a bit of writing done too, if I'm lucky.  Hope you have a mellow weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment